- A grant of between $1.00 and $5000.00 towards the costs of building your installation
- Working credentials for a build team of up to five (5) people
- Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner provided for your team during your setup and teardown, and vendor vouchers will be provided on festival days
- A liaison for your team to assist with any production needs
- Power hookup for your installation
- A footprint within Firefly Music Festival or campgrounds for your piece
- A build timeline with benchmarks and deadlines to help you stay on track
- An introduction into the world of Firefly art, bringing more opportunity to expose yourself as artists
Submissions will be accepted for review February 19 - March 15, 2019. Follow up materials may be requested after that time. Final projects will be selected and announced in April, 2019.
Judged by: The Festival Art Directors
Judgement method: By reviewing & ranking proposals
30% Appropriateness for event
20% Ease of execution onsite / plan
- The submission process is private. Firefly will share only the concept of the final projects once they have been selected and confirmed.
- The program will require you to meet many benchmarks and deadlines in your build process, months in advance of the event.
- The onsite time commitment varies. Please only apply if an onsite commitment of up to 10 days is not a problem for your entire team.
- You must provide your own transport to and from the event.
- The art piece may not feature fire, pyrotechnics, food or beverages, drug references, or any dangerous aspects.
- If installation is structural in nature (you can climb on it or go inside it), please budget for review by an engineer that you source locally. (Proof of structural integrity will be required).
- Please ensure that your team will be professional and committed to meeting all requirements. Installation timeline and protocols for delivering materials to the site will need to be in strict compliance with the Firefly Site Operations Department festival-wide installation timeline. Failure to comply will be cause for early dismissal, forfeiture of the opportunity to showcase the installation in The Woodlands, and forfeiture of your funding.
- Artists are responsible for taking their projects home after the event. Firefly Music Festival retains the rights to use photos, videos, etc. of the installation at the event going forward.
How to Apply
Applications are now open. After the initial submission period, you may be contacted to move forward in the review process by submitting additional information (a complete budget, digital sketches, etc.)